Sunday, March 11, 2007

Twitterpated.....

Deere John,

I hope you have been enjoying this beautiful weather.... I know I have!!! There is just so much to see.... and do..... and touch..... and taste...... feel... and......... Whoa!!!!! Slow down!!!! Would you call this "Twitterpated" or is it just SEASONAL ADHD???

I learned something the other day..... No, that's not right...... I re-learned something the other day..... I learned that I love MUD PUDDLES!!!!!

As a child we are quickly taught not to jump in PUDDLES..... we will catch a cold, get our feet wet......ruin our Sunday best........ You name it, I have heard it.... So we develop a fear of this most wonderful, natural form of "chocolate milk"....bathing......facials..... and most of all fun!!!!

You see, John, as a child, I couldn't wait for the winter to end and for the fun to begin.... As a child, when the weather warmed- it was the PUDDLES.... then as a young adult I began to notice boys- and how easy they were to throw in PUDDLES...... as a young adult, I had my first heart break, and I swore off boys forever- but I never swore off PUDDLES!!!!! And now as an adult, I promise that if I ever truly fall in love- PUDDLES will always be my first love!!!

So as the weather warms, and the grass starts to turn green and the leaves start to grow- I will celebrate PUDDLES!!!

When it takes me 45 minutes for a 10 minute walk-
I will celebrate PUDDLES!!!!

When I take the time to watch the earth worm surface, and see what neat critters God
created.....
I will celebrate PUDDLES!!!!!

So how did I learn.....or should I say re-learn about my passion for PUDDLES...... as Children you find us playing in the PUDDLES..... as Adults you find us driving thru the PUDDLES!!!!!

I have realized that it wasn't our safety and health our parents were concerned with.......... They weren't afraid we were going to get sick or ruin our clothes.....They were afraid we would drink that PUDDLE before they got to drive thru it!!!!!

What do you think, John????? Twitterpated or Seasonal ADHD????? Either way- as the air is filled with the smells of spring.... the roads with signs of slush.... I will take my time.... and smile at strangers.... enjoy the sun.... the sounds of the birds migrating back...... I will forget what I was doing.... I will forget where I was supposed to be..... and I will be late... But I will be happy!!!!!

So a challenge to all you "GROWN UP'S" out there:

The next time you see a PUDDLE, don't swerve past it. Take time..... Explore around it.... Jump in it.... Get dirty.... Laugh..... and when your drive away- Splash hard!!!!

4 comments:

The Mailman's Wife said...

What a refreshing post Ang. Glad you have a blog!!!

The Mailman's Wife said...

Hey post something NEW!! Love you!

Nav said...

you know, I just realized that PUDDLE is a really funny word...there is nothing bad with puddles!

Tina-Bopper said...

I luv yu!!!!!